A real tour de force of gripping writing, rich historical detail and complex, fascinating characters. Superb!' NICOLA CORNICK on The Stone Rose
EARLY READERS ARE GRIPPED BY THE STONE ROSE!
* 'Springs to vivid life for the reader . . . A compulsive read' ANNE O'BRIEN
* 'An enticing and intriguing tale of a woman who is driven to desperate and ruthless lengths to protect those she loves' ALEXANDRA WALSH
* 'Carol McGrath really got into Isabella's head . . . Enlightening' SHARON BENNETT CONNOLLY
* 'Bold and compelling' JENNY BARDEN
* 'A novel that's a definite page-turner' LIZ HARRIS
London, 1350. Agnes, daughter of a stonemason, is struggling to keep her father's trade in a city decimated by plague. And then she receives a mysterious message from the disgraced Queen Isabella: mother of King Edward III, and widow of Edward II. Isabella has a task that only Agnes can fulfil. She wants her truth to be told.
Much has been whispered of the conflicts in Isabella and Edward's marriage. Her greed and warmongering. His unspoken love for male favourites. But as Agnes listens to Isabella, she learns that she can be of help to the queen - but can either woman choose independence, follow her own desires, and survive?
The sweeping third instalment of Carol McGrath's acclaimed She-Wolves Trilogy: the gripping series exploring the tumultous lives and loves of three queens of England - and of three women who lived in their shadow.
Based on the extraordinary true story of the female stonemason who carved a queen's tomb!